A RESUME THAT DOES ITS JOB
Resumes matter. In most cases, they are your first impression, and it can be hard to overcome a bad one. Your resume needs to effectively convey enough information about you for the hiring person to want to know more. Basically, its job is to get you a shot at the job you want by securing an invitation to interview.
So, how do you make sure your resume is doing its job? Discover the 5 Attributes of a Winning Resume to learn more about what you can and should expect from your new resume.
All career documents include custom elements, including design, layout, and content. The end-product will be a coordinated document set that is uniquely designed to meet your career objectives and captures your specific qualifications, skills, and personality.
I create professional resumes daily and will take your existing resume, rework it and/or develop new content to best present your experience and accomplishments, and design a layout that is appropriate for submitting online applications through the ATS systems many companies use to screen and manage candidate applications.
ADDRESS UNIQUE CHALLENGES
Whether you want to advance, change careers, or have been out of the workforce for any length of time, we can implement proven strategies to overcome your unique career challenges.
1:1 Private Career Coaching
So, you want to establish your career on a firm foundation, or are thinking about a change in your career path. Maybe you've been in the same role for many years and don't know what the next step is, and you've realized there is a support gap when it comes to career growth guidance and mentoring.
There are 3 coaching packages available, targeted at different experience levels, ranging from just getting started in your career to full-time business owners who want to figure out sustainability steps for their future.
Here's why I'm the right coach to help you:
1. I've been where you want to go. I'm an experienced, successful full-time consultant and freelancer. You want to learn from someone who's not only practicing in their field, but who's been successful at it.
2. I'm a skillful coach and trainer. I have formal training as an educator (I have my BA in education), have taught before, and have built training programs for many years. We will look at what skills you have, where you're coming from, and what you've already done to determine where you need to go next.
3. I'm motivated to help you succeed.
Your results support my business objectives, but also my personal drive and sense of ethics--more qualified professionals in the workplace, with an ethical mindset, to me, is a win-win.
4. I have diverse industry experience. I've written many resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles, references, testimonials, and production credits for a broad range of industries. I'm a patient listener and creative problem-solver. My background in creative and technical industries hasn't been wasted; my diverse experience has given me a broad perspective with more than a single solution. I want to understand your specific challenges and concerns rather than prescribing wholesale methods that may not meet your needs.
5. I want your journey to be enjoyable, and our time together, productive. I enjoy humor and can sometimes be silly, but I'm also very persistent. I will challenge you in your thinking, encourage you when needed, and also push you to be your best self.